Home Based Internet Marketing Business: Is it for you or not ?
Home Based Internet Marketing Business is becoming more and more popular and growing rapidly. There are two main reasons for this:
1. the ease of use and availability of the internet worldwide
2. the ongoing bad economic situation which has led to rapid increase in unemployment in many countries including USA and UK, for example.
For these reasons, many people are turning to setting up their business in their own home.
Thinking about starting a business from home?
If you are, you might like to think about some of the advantages and disadvantages of running a new business from home which I list below.
A. Main Advantages of Running an Internet Business from Home.
1. Low cost : This is because the business is run from home. So, you can save the cost of hiring an office, as well as saving the cost and time of transport.
2. Relative ease of client attraction: There are many established ways of getting traffic and building a list of customers and potential customers in on-line business. These can be learned with relative ease, compared with offline businesses.
3. Convenience: By working from home you can plan your work around other commitments and work flexibly, choosing your work hours in a way that suits you most. This can be especially helpful if you have family commitments, for example children or elderly relatives needing care.
4. A home-based business can be very profitable and your profit can be based on how hard and smart you work. That means unlimited income, compared with fixed salary.
5. Freedom from working with bad employers or bad line – managers.
B. Main Disadvantages of Running a Home-Bases Internet Marketing Business
1. In order to succeed, you need to establish yourself as a provider of of valuable content to your customers. This requires hard work, especially because of the continuous and rapid change of internet and internet marketing. You must keep learning and keep up-to-date.
2. Fierce competition: but, there is always room for success in internet marketing.
3. When working from home, you are on your own boss and responsible for everything like planning, organising and managing your business as well as learning new skills all the time.
4. Even the best performers as employees, working under someone else´s direction, can be the least suitable for running their own home-based business.
I learned this fact the hard way years ago , when I was running my own Management Training and Consultancy business. For one of my projects , I chose a manager whom I had known to be an excellent trainer and consultant in management when working as an employee for a father figure and under close direction/ supervision. When he took responsibility for this project on his own, he made a real mess of it because of his inability to organise himself, manage his time and work for himself.
So, please be careful when considering whether or not to start your internet marketing business. Don´t be fooled by so much internet marketing hype. There are no “easy money” opportunities on the internet.
But there are plenty of real opportunities if you are prepared to work. The key is to treat your internet business as a long-term business, not as push-button magic!
I hope the above lists of advantages and disadvantages are of some help to you in deciding if internet marketing is right for you.
Good luck to you in whatever you decide.
If you like this post, please share it and leave your comments. I’d love to hear your thoughts. Let´s share ideas.
Until we meet again, all best wishes.